I want one or 2 of those bad boys right now in my belly!! They look so yummy!!
This cake sucked up a lot of my week but the end result was fabulous! The Xbox itself is white cake with white chocolate ganache and a fresh raspberry filling and Master Chief is made of rice krispie treats and fondant.
Made by Layde Cakes
Find us on Facebook and Instagram (@laydecakes)
And everyone chooses today to ditch me with the baby -__- maybe ill pay a babysitter. Or just pull an all nighter
When I’m an adult and have kids I will make/buy this and then ask my kids if they want some:
They’ll be all
“Um, no thanks.”
And I’m like “Are you sure?”
“Okay, then me and your father will eat it.”
And they’re all
Until I cut it , then they’re all
“Oh, now you want some, right? Too bad.”
PARENTING, YOU’RE DOING IT RIGHT.
Stuffed Animal Donkey Cake
Sometimes I get to make cute things! A cake I made last week for a client who wanted it to match his daughter’s stuffed toy she’s had since she was a kid. He was just too cute, I was almost sad to see him go!
Carved Character Death by Chocolate cake with vanilla buttercream, chocolate chips and dark chocolate ganache. His head is RKT covered in modeling chocolate and fondant.
Hip Hop Angry Birds Cake
A cake I made this week for Kpop Dance group ‘I <3 Dance’! The Angry Birds represent some of the dancers themselves.
The birds are made from fondant, and the cake is made from strawberry shortcake. I really like how the red bird looks so angry because he is now a high school bully from the 80’s.
Ant’s Tips for Perfectly Domed cupcakes:
What is a cupcake dome?
A perfect cupcake top- it doesn’t spill out over the sides, dip in the middle or look underfilled.
How do I get the perfectly domed cupcake?
- 1/4 of a cup fills cupcakes fantastically.
- If you don’t have a cup measurer- Ice Cream scoops work great for filling, as do ziplock bags with a tiny hole cut in on the end.
- Test one cupcake before filling 24. Sometimes a recipe needs more than the average 3/4.
- Lay a dishrag on your counter and tap the filled cupcake tray a few times before putting your cupcakes in the oven. This will get rid of any air bubbles that will try to ruin your cupcakes.
- Always let your oven pre-heat for at least 5-10 minutes. If you pop cupcakes in an oven that’s still heating up, you can get an uneven temperature in your oven and your cupcakes will suffer for it. Suffer for it!
- Always flip cupcakes out of the pan immediately. Depending on the recipe, they can shrink if left in a hot pan.
Fandom Flavors: Wolfsbane [Teen Wolf Inspired Cupcake]
The Teen Wolf cake will be unveiled in just a few minutes, but I decided to share the cake flavor I made specifically for it so you guys can try it for yourselves!
Dark chocolate brownie cake with mixed berries, topped with a blended wildberry buttercream of raspberries and blueberries.
Ingredients: [Makes about 18 Cupcakes]
- 6 tablespoons (3/4 stick) unsalted butter, cut into 4 pieces
- 1 1/4 cups Dark Chocolate Chips
- 3 ounces unsweetened Chocolate, chopped
- 1/2 cup (packed) Brown Sugar
- 1/3 cup Sugar
- 2 Large Eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup all purpose Flour
- 1/3 cup Mixed Berries
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Careful not to accidentally step inside of it because ovens tend to be hot.
- Combine butter, 1/2 cup chocolate chips, and unsweetened chocolate in top of double boiler set over simmering water. Stir until mixture is melted and smooth. Remove from over water. This is also hot. Fire is hot.
- Whisk both sugars into chocolate mixture, then whisk in eggs 1 at a time. Whisk in vanilla, then flour, berries, salt, and remaining 3/4 cup chocolate chips.
- Divide batter among prepared muffin cups (about 1/4 cup for each). If you find this hard to do, educate yo’self suckah. Bake cupcakes until a knife inserted into center comes out with moist crumbs attached, about 20 minutes. Transfer cupcakes to rack and cool completely. Or don’t. Whatevers.
I love this buttercream is not only delicious but also looks really pretty. It’s a bit of work, so if you end up deciding to only use one flavor that’s cool too.
- 2 Sticks Butter (Softened)
- 1/4 Cup Berry Juice (1/4 Cup for each Raspberry and Blueberry)
- 2 Tsps Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 Cup Heavy Cream
- 3 Cups Powdered Sugar
- Whip up your butter. Like, super freakin’ fluffy. About 2-3 minutes. Add Half your powdered sugar and whip up some more.
- Slowly add your Heavy Cream and whip up even more.
- Add the rest of your powdered sugar and whip, then stir in vanilla extract. If you add too much, don’t worry. Only Dorks complain about too much vanilla.
- Separate your buttercream, about half each. Add your berry juice and mix. You should have two separate buttercreams.
- Put half of each frosting in your piping bag and swirl on top of cupcakes.
I love the dark chocolate and berry combo in this cupcake so much, I made the Teen Wolf cake from it. The berry juices actually bake into the chocolate and create a yummy inner core. Mmmm. Yes, I have eaten 6 of these.
Look for the Teen Wolf Season 3 Cake today!
My video for Seventeen Magazine’s Pretty Amazing Contest!
I’m one of 5 Amazing finalist in Seventeen’s #PrettyAmazing contest! It’s an incredible opportunity- one girl will be on the cover of an issue of Seventeen, and win a $10,000 scholarship from Neutrogena!
You guys know I love to win stuff, right? It takes just a second. Literally. Even if you have already voted, reblog this so other people can see this. I do so love the internet.
[And yes, that is Cricket at the end. It’s a clip from our newest tutorial from Baking for Bros, this Thursday!]
Let’s win this one! For Nerd Girls! For Nerd Cake! For ASGARD! FOR NARNIA! For that that one time I was kicked out of a Dennys for ordering a plate of just bacon and whipped cream. Worth it.
Tim Burton’s Alice in Wonderland Cookies!
An order I had last week for cookies inspired by the movie. 6 Cookies: The Queen of Hearts, the White Rabbit, the Hatter’s Hat, Twiddle Dee and Twiddle Dum, The Cheshire Cat and Alice herself!
Alice and the Queen are my favorites. I just might have to make a papercraft with their designs…
Asdfghjkl the Cheshire Cat 💕 I love everything about these